Unité de Malherbologie & Agronomie
Weed Science & Agronomy
Bayer Code : lthag
Synonym(s) of Sc. name:
Classification: Leguminosae, Dicotyledonous
Common name: angular pea
Synonym(s) of Common name:
Name per country: DE : Eckige Platterbse ; ES : pluma de angel ; FR : gesse anguleuse ; IT : cicerchia angolosa ; PT : cizirão-de-folhas-estreitas ; EN : angular pea ;
Biological type: Annual
- Cotyledons invisible (hypogeal germination).
- Leaves pinnately divided.
- Height: 20-50 cm. Plant glabrous with a developed principal root.
- Stem angular.
- Leaves with 2 very narrow leaflets, the upper ending in a tendril. Stipules lanceolate as long as the stalk.
- Flowers red-blueish, 8-10 mm, solitary on flowering branches as long as the leaf, very slender lengthening in long thin awn. Calyx subequal-toothed, all teeth longer than the calyx-tube. Style straight.
- Fruit : pod lengthened and narrow, about 10 times longer than wide, hairless, tawny when ripe. Seeds nearly as a tube, with small prominent warts.
-Rare in crops.
- Risk of confusion with Lathyrus cicera L.
- Biological type: Annual.
Mistake with: Lathyrus cicera
Ecological profile (click on flags): Rare Rare Present