Unité de Malherbologie & Agronomie
Weed Science & Agronomy
Bayer Code : asear
Synonym(s) of Sc. name:
Classification: Rubiaceae, Dicotyledonous
Common name: blue woodruff
Synonym(s) of Common name:
Name per country: DE : Acker-Meier ; ES : rabula ; FR : asperule des champs ; IT : stellina dei campi ; PT : aspérula-odorífera ; EN : blue woodruff ;
Biological type: Annual
- Cotyledons elongated spoon shaped.
- Entire leaves, linear, pointed at tip.
- Height: 10-50 cm.
- Stem 4-angled, stiff erect, branched out. Lower leaves in whorls of 4, leaves arranged in 6 to 8 , obovate to linear, margin and principal vein stiff with small rough hooked hairs, the rest glabrous.
- Flowers blue, surrounded by numerous lanceolate leaves, developed in involucrate terminal heads.
-Leaves covered by hairs before maturity, glabrous and smooth at maturity.
- Plant roots contain red coloured substance. Species rare in crops.
- Biological type: annual.
Ecological profile (click on flags): Rare Present Rare Present Present